Protecting our families is a basic instinct for most people and making sure that they are provided for financially, should anything happen to a principal breadwinner, is of paramount importance.
Yet it can be all too easy to forget to keep arrangements up to date.
We look at our clients’ current position and then recommend a comprehensive programme which may include some or all of the following arrangements:
• Life assurance – designed to pay a lump sum on death or a regular income for a specified period, which may be used to repay outstanding debts;
• Income protection – designed to replace a proportion of income, usually for a specified period, if an earner is unable to work due to accident or sickness, this may be used to cover more than just mortgage payments etc;
• Cost of care – if a family carer is ill or dies, the activities they undertake within the family still have to be undertaken, so life assurance or income protection can be just as important as when it is a breadwinner who is affected;
• Private medical insurance – designed to cover the cost of private medical treatment in certain events. This may mean that treatment could be provided more quickly than on the NHS in certain circumstances;
• Critical illness cover – designed to pay out a lump sum upon diagnosis of a number of specified illnesses.
We will also undertake periodic reviews with our clients to ensure that arrangements remain adequate to satisfy identified needs.
THE COVER PROVIDED BY INSURANCE POLICES WILL VARY FROM PROVIDER TO PROVIDER AND ACCEPTANCE IS SUBJECT TO AN APPLICATION PROCESS. HEALTH RELATED INSURANCES MAY NOT PROVIDE COVER FOR PREVIOUS OR EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITIONS. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US.